Waurn Ponds Shopping Centre (The Centre) is managed by Savills (Vic) Pty Ltd and is owned by Australian Unity.
Savills specialise in the provision of commercial, retail and residential property services throughout Australia. Savills is recognised as established leaders within the Australian property markets, and can deliver a seamless service both locally and through our global network of offices. In this instance, Savills (Vic) Pty Ltd provides management and development services for Waurn Ponds Shopping Centre. These services range from the day- to-day management of the Centre facility and its future redevelopment / expansion.
Protecting information, particularly personal information, is important to us. The following information is intended to explain how Waurn Ponds Shopping Centre collects, uses and safeguards your personal information. This information is based on the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988.
Personal Information Collection
Waurn Ponds Shopping Centre, in carrying out its management role, has a need to collect personal information. This information may be collected directly by us or through contractor arrangement with a third party e.g. security firm. The type of information collected will depend on the particular aspect of the business to which it relates. It could be specific details regarding name and address or simply information relating to shopping preferences and interest in attending promotions.
The type of personal information we may collect and hold includes (but is not limited to) information about:
- respective and prospective customers, clients, tenants and suppliers;
- job applicants, employees, and contractors; and
- other people who may come into contact with the Centre or one of its associated companies.
This information may be obtained by way of telephone, Internet enquiries or forms filled out by such individuals, face to face meetings, interviews, and telephone conversations or from a third party. We may ask for other information voluntarily from time to time (for example, through market research or surveys) to enable us to improve our service or consider the wider needs of our customers or potential customers.
We collect a range of personal information about you to understand and meet your needs and provide the services and products our company may offer. We also collect personal information to be able to develop and identify products and services that may interest people, conducting market or customer satisfaction research, developing, establishing and administering alliances and other arrangements with other organisations in relation to promotion, administration and use of our respective products and services.
Personal information is collected, held and used for the following purposes:
- To meet legal obligations.
- To enable necessary communication to be made with existing or prospective tenants of the Centre. This could include out of hours contact details in case of an emergency, or to assess the suitability of prospective tenants and buyers of property
- To assist in the assessment of a tenant to meet their financial commitments to the Centre. This could include some form of personal guarantee from individuals involved in the tenant’s business.
- To record details of incidents that may occur at the Centre and which may require subsequent follow up.
- To enable marketing and promotion of the Centre. Part of Centre Management’s role is to seek ways to encourage shoppers to the Centre and assist retailers to increase their sales by using different forms of communication (i.e. email or SMS).
- To recruit employees and contractors.
Our duties of confidentiality apply except where disclosure of personal information is with our client’s consent or compelled by law, and, depending on the product or service concerned, personal information may be disclosed to third parties who we believe are necessary to assist us in providing, managing and administering the services we provide and product we are involved in. For example:
- other divisions or organisations within the Savills group;
- joint venture/alliance partners who may wish to communicate about their services, products or promotional opportunities which may be of advantage to you, unless you tell us not to;
- service providers and specialist advisers who have been contracted to provide administrative, financial, research or other services;
- insurers, credit providers, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities as agreed or authorised by law;
- credit reporting, reference agencies or insurance investigators; or
- anyone authorised by an individual, as specified by that individual or the contract.
We require that organisations outside the Centre’s interests that handle or obtain personal information as service providers to the Centre’s interests acknowledge the confidentiality of this information, undertake to respect any individual’s right to privacy and comply with the Principles and this policy. We also require that these organisations use this information only for our purposes and otherwise follow our reasonable directions with respect to this information.
If you do not provide the information requested, we or those involved with the provision of the service or product, may not be able to provide the appropriate type or level of service or product you require.
Third parties to whom Waurn Ponds Shopping Centre may disclose your personal information include:
- Our agents who maintain information on our behalf (i.e. Savills (VIC) Pty Ltd)
- The Centre Owner for whom we provide property management services (i.e. Australian Unity)
- Regulatory authorities, or as required to fulfil legal and regulatory requirements
- Related and non-related entities for purposes of Centre marketing; and
- Service providers who assist us in assessing the capability of an existing or prospective tenant to meet its financial obligations.
Your personal details are not available to all staff at Waurn Ponds Shopping Centre, Savills (VIC Pty Ltd) & Australian Unity. Access to your information is restricted to those who require the information to provide our services to you.
Access and Correction
You can contact the Waurn Ponds Shopping Centre Management Office if you would like details of your personal information that we hold about you or if you would like to correct some aspect of it. The exceptions under the Principles which affect your right to access your personal information we hold about you include:
- access would pose a serious threat to the life or health of any individual;
- access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
- a frivolous or vexatious request;
- the information relates to commercially sensitive decision making process;
- access would be unlawful or denying access is required or authorised by law;
- access would prejudice enforcement activities relating to criminal activities and other breaches of law, public revenue, a security function, or negotiations with the individual; and
- legal dispute resolution proceedings.
To ensure the integrity and security of your personal information, the Centre will only disclose such personal information if our internal procedures are satisfied. To make a request to access information we hold about you, please contact us in writing. We will require you to verify your identity and to specify what information you require. We may charge a fee to cover the cost of verifying the application and locating, retrieving, reviewing and copying any material requested. If the information sought is extensive, we will advise the likely cost in advance and can help to refine your request if required.
Storage and Security of Personal Information
Safeguarding the privacy of your information is important to us and we endeavour to protect any personal information whether people interact with us personally, by telephone, mail, over the Internet or other electronic media.
We hold personal information in a combination of secure computer storage facilities and paper based files and other records and takes steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Some of the ways we achieve this are:
- confidentiality requirements on our employees;
- policies on document storage security;
- security measures for access to our systems;
- only providing access once proper identification has been given;
- controlling access to our premises; and
- website protection measures
The Principles also require us not to store personal information longer than necessary. Where we no longer require any personal information that we hold, that personal information is destroyed or details which may identify individuals are removed.
Accuracy of Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, and up to date whenever we collect, disclose or use it. However, we encourage you to contact us as soon as possible when there are changes in your contact details and personal circumstances.
Should you need to amend your details please contact Waurn Ponds Centre Management on (03) 5244 2580 (Mon-Fri 8:30am to 5:30pm) or EMAIL email@example.com
Changes to this Statement
Any changes to this statement that may be made from time to time will be available on this website – www.waurnpondssc.com.au
If you would like any further information please contact Waurn Ponds Centre Management on (03) 5244 2580 (Mon-Fri 8:30am to 5:30pm) or EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org